Sunday, March 8, 2009

PAIN Storm





Did my first Pain Storm at The Cell on the weekend. 30 mins of pure Crossfit Workout!

As Many Rounds as Possible of:
15kg bar
Snatch Grip Deadlift x 5 rep
Hang Snatch x 5 rep
Overhead Squats x 5 rep
Behind the Neck Press x 5 rep

Total: 18 rounds!

No words can describe doing Crossfit for 30 mins straight. I started out thinking it would be a purely mental challenge although I hit about 9 rounds and started to feel like I was going to vomit! Adrenalin? Not enough breakfast? Tired from previous workouts? All of the above? Perhaps....The storm drain outside was looking appealing a few times but I managed to keep the milk and cookies down (actually, no cookies were eaten during this week!) and sweated through 18 rounds! Congrats to all of my workout partners and thanks to my fiancee, and coaches Jason and Stef yelling at me to keep going! I couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment: