Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Barbara's a Bee-atch

Did Barbara today with some AWESOME crossfit ladies - hugs out to the gals - thanks so much for sharing the pain!



WOD:
3 rounds for time of:
20 Pullups (Blue then purple band in round 2 and 3)
30 Pushups (knees)
40 Sit ups
50 Squats
Time: 20:05min

I'm not kidding when I say this work out was H-A-R-D! We were all sweating and really pushing to get through it. We all made it thankfully and after I had been sitting on the ground for awhile stretching, I tried to stand up and got the head spins. Stef sacrificed his gorgeous nectarine to my low blood sugar cause - thanks Stef!

On top of being very dizzy, my arms did some weird things....from my elbow down to my finger tips felt like I had ants crawling under my skin, electrifying everything and I could barely close my hand. It's as if nerves and muscles were over stimulated and 'firing' like crazy!

I got the giggles as it was the strangest feeling and at the same time, it reminded me of a good friend of mine, Brendan, who has cerebral palsy. Often while at school with him, my friend Nat and I would constantly invite him to come rock climbing with us - not to be mean but because Brendan was normal to us - we loved (love) him so much, we constantly forgot about his physical disability. For the first time in my life, I know what he must feel like - not having control over his arm and having to learn how to cope with how it feels to be "firing" muscles all the time.

My hat's off to you Brendan....I now think you are even more wonderful than before and it is a good reminder to myself (and all of us able bodied people) to never take mobility for granted! Crossfit hurts, it's painful sometimes, sometimes you feel like you're going to puke or you cannot make it through but you always do. I'd like to dedicate my workout today to Brendan - you are my hero for so many reasons - mostly because you are the fastest reading, typing, tipsy bike riding, banjo playing (well pretend banjo), kayaking, Arabic speaking friend I know! I love you!

Gimme a B!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment