Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crossfit with Cockatoos!

I just got back from a two week 'break' - traveling out east from Sydney to Melbourne with a group of my Master's degree colleagues on a Sustainability Learning Journey. It was incredibly awesome; exhausting, fun, sad, intense and exciting. Have a look here if you want to read more....

I had made a goal to do a workout 3x a week and it went out the window! We are all traveling on a bus and moved a lot during the trip. I did manage to get one workout in and it was beautiful.

We stayed in Pittwater at the YHA on the mountain and I ran, did push ups, sit ups and squats with Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and Lorikeets! There was a very large lizard that came out onto the grass where I had been working out but thankfully it was after I was done!

The air was sweet, filled with birds chirping and you could tell it was going to be a hot day. Good on me for getting up early....the only thing I didn't notice was the grass had been freshly cut and I forgot I'm allergic to freshly cut grass! Can you say WELTS!? Well, not the best for meeting distinguished scientists and politicians but a Crossfit war wound none the less...at least they didn't itch!

Pittwater Workout:
500m run
5 rounds for time of:
20 push ups
20 sit ups
20 burpees
500 m run
Time: 13:21mins

No comments:

Post a Comment