Saturday, February 28, 2009

Highschool Flashback!

Did a couple of things this week that I haven't done since highschool!!! Why do I sound like an old fart when I hear myself say this? I mean isn't it a reasonable expectation that we should all keep our flexibility, balance and endurance levels from our youth? Sometimes life gets in the way....

Monday's workout started out with handstands! Doing them against the wall kind of freaked me out - worried I was going to bash my head on the wall as I kicked up but got the technique down thanks to Jason! Graduated from the wall in to free standing handstands with some spotting! Whhoooo hooo!

Handstands
Backsquat 3-3-3-3-3 (38.5/40/41/42/43.5 kg)

WOD
5 rounds for time:
pull ups - 5 reps (blue band)
ring dips - 5 reps (red band)
20kg Thrusters - 5 reps

time: 8:30min



Tuesday's work out was another blast from the past - rope climb!!! Do any Canadians out there in their 30's remember the Canadian Fitness Test? I used to HATE this test - pushpus, situps, shuttle run, endurance run and long jump. They also used to make us do (or at least try) a rope climb!

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 (65/67.5/68.5/70/71kg)

WOD
5 round for time of:
10kg medicine ball run - 200m
5kg ball slams - 10 reps
3x hand of hand rope climb

time: 13:43min


And finally the forearm killer on Friday! Deadlifts, deadlifts and more deadlifts! It's funny how sometimes the limiting factor of my workouts ends up being something completely different than what I expected. For example I thought my legs were going to be the weakest part and my forearms gave up in about round 7!

Squats 3-3-3-3-3 (32.5/35/37.5/40/43.5kg)
1 x 15 backsquats - 35kg

WOD

10 rounds for time of:
30kg Deadlift - 15 reps
Pushups (knees) - 10 reps
time: 13:10min

1 comment:

  1. OMG I remember the rope climb!!! I remember being able to do it half way...mainly because I couldn't figure out how not to slide down the rope!

    ReplyDelete