Friday, January 2, 2009

It started on an ordinary day....




It started out like any old Saturday....hanging at home, trying to catch up with people in Canuck-land on Saturday morning - talking to my bro, Fall Guy from Vancouver Crossfit when the conversation steered into Crossfit (again!). I'm not sure what was different for me this time but I began to listen and hear something that I was looking for....

I'm the same old story as so many others - struggled (and still do) with my weight most of my life; struggle with eating habits/sugar addiction/emotional eating (any of this sounding familiar?) and have been on a plateau with my weight loss for the last 18 months. Although I've managed to maintain my weight even after finishing a graduate degree and moving to two different countries...I'm proud of this!

Considering I used to weigh - SHOCK - 209lbs (95kg) at my heaviest, floating around 174lbs (80kg) right now isn't too bad! Most people don't know I weight this much as many people say "I carry it well" (I'd rather not actually!) I'm 5'3" or 1.6m tall so ideally, I would like to be down around 140lbs (63.5kg). I had been thinking that I needed to shake up something to get off the plateau when my brother started talking about Crossfit (again!! I swear they take you out back and make you a raving lunatic - go shout it from the mountains kind of crazy) and I started listening...

After 1.5hrs on the phone, hearing all about how good Fall Guy was feeling, how he is in the best shape of his life, how the work outs are scalable, interesting, challenging and that I could use a rubber band to get my ass up to do a chin up, I was willing to take a stab.

"Give it 6 months" were his last words....

So, here I am at the start of my 6 month journey and wanted to document how it goes - I've been through the fundamentals and can feel myself turning into a raving lunatic - not quite shouting from mountain tops yet but perhaps I will be in a few months...stay tuned. I start regular work outs on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment