Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thrusters vs. Mind

Crossfit is hard. Apparently it doesn't get easier either because the workouts scale up with your increasing fitness levels.

Wednesday's workout this week was particularly hard for some reason. I had eaten a good breakfast and lunch, had a good night's sleep the night before, was staying away from sugar (yeah!) and yet this workout kicked my ass and really screwed with my head....

Warm up was:
Press 5-5-5
20kg/21kg/22.5kg

Deadlift 3-3-3
35kg/44hg/44kg

Work out of the Day was:
20kg Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (SDHP) - 25 reps
Pullups (purple) - 10 reps
20kg Thruster - 25 reps

By the time I got to the end of the pullups I was messed! I kept thinking - "I'm toast, how am I going to get through 25 thrusters!?" I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. I find Thrusters one of the most challenging Crossfit movements so far...heres's why (watch first 59secs):


That's a looooong way for the weight to travel and then be pushed back up over your head. It's a bugger! I was just using a solo bar as well, eventually weights will go on the bar!


I love Crossfit because it constantly challenges your mental strength and without it, Crossfit simply cannot be done, no matter what level!

No comments:

Post a Comment